Western Australian General Practice Referral Network
Infertility has been likened to a prolonged state of grief and whilst the losses of infertility are typically invisible to others, these losses may take their toll on many aspects of the couples relationships, social network and emotional well being.
A diagnosis of infertility can lead to many complex emotional responses which can be very overwhelming. Experiencing distressing emotions such as shock, anxiety, depression, guilt, anger, resentment, shame and isolation are not uncommon amongst people who have repeated failure to conceive.
If you are a GP and would like to join a referral network or would like an information pack please contact her on (08) 9389 7212.
Iolanda’s practice is specialized in helping patients deal with the emotional, relationship and stressful challenges that occur when trying to achieve a pregnancy through assisted reproductive technology.
Many patients will also see Iolanda:
- for general advice on Perth IVF clinics
- to get advice on counseling entitlements associated with their IVF treatment cycles
- when preparing to begin a particular treatment cycle
- for assistance with stress management
- for symptoms of anxiety/depression/grief
- when needing to understand the psycho social implications of treatment involving donated gametes
- when relationship difficulties arise
- for support following treatment failure
- for support following miscarriage
- when deciding to cease treatment
- advice on alternative family formation options when treatment using IVF fails